Monday, June 15, 2009



I was honored to help with a fundraiser for the Pacific Crest Academy last month. A lovely lady, by the name of Angela, put the whole thing together and hosted it in her home. Everything was so gorgeous from the décor, to the drinks and food, to all the women who attended. A new friend of mine, Renee, is a local cosmetologist and the entertainment for the night. She taught us how to create trendy makeup and hairstyles on ourselves. She demonstrated, on a few different women, the difference a good eyebrow waxing can make. (I've done my own for so long out of fear of getting them messed up again, and put my trust in Renee. I have to say they've never looked better!) She mainly shared some tricks of the trade, things I have put to use everyday since that night. Every now and then she would recommend a product, and Angela would magically appear with one for everyone. I was invited to capture some shots of the women enjoying their night. It was the easiest job ever. I got to eat delicious food, drink a martini invented by Angela herself, and learn all kinds of tricks to make myself look the best I can! I left with a great appreciation for women like Renee and Angela, who see beauty in all women. Renee has such a gift of bringing out your best assets. She sees the potential you never thought possible. If you're looking for a great hairstylist, eyebrow artist, etc. call her up at Essentials Salon (2707 NE 114th Ave Vancouver, WA 98684 (360) 256-8772‎).

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha your still fun, don't worry and oh man spontanious random adventure sounds SO amazing can't wait to see you sis. And I was attached to a rope so I had no fear of falling but boats and tubing freaks me out lol. I'll try really hard, promise =) Its true, kids just make life a little wacked out but that doesn't mean you have to be a boring old man. Well I love you and thanks for the advise and support.

    ReplyDelete